About This Blog

"Look again. Are you sure? Is it really gluten free? ..........Read the label again, or call the 1-800 number on the back!.... Is tapioca flour the same thing as tapioca starch? Well if it is, then why isn't potato starch the same thing as potato flour?!?! Does 'glutamate' contain gluten? What the heck is Xanthan gum? Gluten Free...Gluten Free...Gluten Free...."

Welcome to the inside of my head ladies and gentlemen. This is what consumed my dreams all last night. Dreaming about the three little words: Going Gluten Free.

I am the wife of a farmer who has been diagnosed with celiac disease. I had never even heard of the disease let alone what the heck it meant! How was I supposed to completely change our lifestyle and eating habits while dealing with the last three months of my pregnancy. It just seemed to much to handle. All of the new weird lingo, the confusing labels, the millions of new flours and starches I had never even heard of before, are now the main product I had to bake with. Here is our story of the trials, successes, and failures of going gluten free.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gluten Free EASY No Bake Granola Bars

Hi everyone!


I just made these homemade Gluten Free No Bake Granola Bars (an idea I got from a friend.) They are so easy and yummy and I love it because you can alter the ingredients to make all different kinds of bars! Like I didn't add coconut when I made them today and the next time I make them I plan on adding raisins and chocolate chips! Be sure when you buy quick oats and rice krispies that they are certified gluten free, it will say on the box. 


2 cups quick oats (GF)
2 cups rice krispies (GF)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cups chopped almonds
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cups peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Bring corn syrup and brown sugar to a boil (stir constantly, it doesn't take long for it to boil) add in peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Dump in oats, krispies, cranberries, coconut, and almonds. Mix well and then press in the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Let cool and you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment